@Timo, @Anyone,
I can't get a connection to the public symbol server, and my local ntdll.pdb et.al don't match the ones in my system, so the spec files I generate are half-baked..
No parameters.

I can't figure out why SymSrv won't connect to http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols (The malfunction does not seem to be isolated to CreateSpec, I see it in VStudio 2oo8 and WinDbg too.)

SymSrvIsStore keeps failing with error 0x7E no matter what I do :-/
I'm on Win7SP1 x64 and SymSrv.dll and DbgHelp.dll are both 6.8.

Anybody got any clues to resolve this ?

Some kind of bitness issue (64<-->32) ?
Misconfigured sym server (65.55.10.11) ?
MS refuse to dish out symbols to north-east Thailand ?
The protocol is HTTP(s), so there shouldn't be blockage from my ISP.
My firewall don't trigger so it shouldn't be blocking either.

Googling for a solution yields zilch.. Only 1000 ways to set _NT_SYMBOL_PATH
and absolutely zero hints to resolve malfunctions :-/

A little help guys ?

Best Regards
// Neo