Hi,

Implementing MSAHCI would be "more correct" for the system, however MSAHCI
also doesn't use STORPORT, it uses ATAPORT, which requires changing our
PCIIDEX model to support that. Which I think would put Aman's work out of
scope.

Now, MSAHCI would be ported to use STORPORT instead, but then we'd
essentially be implementing a legacy component on top of a legacy port
driver.

At least, by implementing STORAHCI on top of STORPORT, we can implement a
'modern' component on top of the legacy port driver.

And for this, I would either recommend doing things like implementing
StorPortExtendedFunction
if Aman can do it -- or if someone can help him, or, avoiding its use with
temporary work/arounds, etc. _as long as those workarounds still work in
Windows_.

Best regards,
Alex Ionescu