De : Ros-dev [mailto:ros-dev-boun...@reactos.org] De la part de Colin Finck
Envoyé : mercredi 31 mai 2017 10:23
À : 'ReactOS Development List'
Objet : Re: [ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [hbelusca] 74698: [USETUP]: Minor fixes &
simplifications: - Remove a redundant NtClose call; - Return failure if
NtQuerySymbolicLinkObject fails; - Use RTL_CONSTANT_STRING and
RtlInitEmptyUnicodeS...

hbelu...@svn.reactos.org wrote:
> -/*
> - *  ReactOS kernel
> - *  Copyright (C) 2002 ReactOS Team
> - *
> - *  This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
> modify
> - *  it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
> by
> - *  the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
> - *  (at your option) any later version.
> - *
> - *  This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
> - *  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
> - *  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
> - *  GNU General Public License for more details.
> - *
> - *  You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along
> - *  with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation,
Inc.,
> - *  51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
> - */
>  /*
>   * COPYRIGHT:       See COPYING in the top level directory
>   * PROJECT:         ReactOS text-mode setup

You're taking away the information that this file is licensed under
GPLv2 or any later version (as opposed to GPLv2-only, what some developers
prefer).
Also the entire license information is lost when this file is used as part of a
different source tree.

I have visited a seminar by our friend Nuno Brito last week, who has founded a
company that deals with such topics (www.triplecheck.tech).
There are some simple best practices we can apply here to get consistent and
useful headers once and for all.
The first would be using the established SPDX license identifiers from
https://spdx.org/licenses (here: "GPL-2.0+"). This would also make our source
files easily scannable by tools to get an overview of all licenses involved in
our code and imported third-party components.

If you or someone else is interested in working on this, let's draft a
universal header for our files that is compatible with SPDX.
Otherwise, I will have a look when there's more time..

Cheers,

Colin