Dear All,

Yes you've read correctly! Microsoft released the code of its terminal + the
Windows console host (conhost.exe) under MIT license at:

https://github.com/microsoft/Terminal

I think this is a really great move!! This can definitively help us for:

*       first, allowing us to improve our existing console code,
*       and in the future, getting our console architecture Win10-compatible
(...)

This also means that anybody can contribute back to their code via
pull-requests, or at least creating issues.

For those using Windows 10, they plan releasing „official“ builds starting
June 2019 according to their posts:

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/commandline/introducing-windows-terminal/

https://www.hanselman.com/blog/ANewConsoleForWindowsItsTheOpenSourceWindowsT
erminal.aspx