On Saturday 10 December 2005 15:05, Chris Cannam wrote:

> It's one thing to rant theatrically about systems you personally are
> having trouble with -- I do that too and enjoy it -- but quite another
> to start drawing practical conclusions, like it's not worth even
> talking to those terrible people who made that ALSA thing you're having
> such difficulties with.

All I meant is that apparently there's a lack of care for end-user issues
regarding these tools.

> Maybe even more so than Rosegarden, packaging ALSA and JACK should
> really be a distribution matter.

Perhaps distribs would have it easier if ALSA and JACK were better documented
and provided some tools to help with their configuration. qjackctl should be
part of the standard jack distrib (even as an optional compile target).

--
Guillaume.
http://www.telegraph-road.org