[cc'ing rg-devel -- feel free to follow up to only that list]

On Sunday 29 Jan 2006 22:44, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
> Recording sysex events from vkeybd have wrong behavior, it keeps the buffer
> from the former sysex message, and appends the new message bytes at the
> end. It inserts the messages at the right time on the segment, though.

Well I'm not familiar with the code for recording sysex at all, but naively it
looks as though the code that sets up the data-block file for a sysex
(AlsaDriver.cpp:2463 and around, MappedEvent.cpp:499 and thereabouts) never
sets a data-block ID on the event at all, and so all incoming sysex events
are appended to the same data-block file, namely $TMPDIR/datablock_0.

I've committed some debug output so you can see what I mean.  Notice that
prepareToWrite always wants to write to data-block 0, and registerDataBlock
(which allocates a new data-block ID) is never called.

The trouble is that this would suggest it can never have worked properly at
all, or at least not in the last several months, since this code hasn't
changed in ages.

Any more thoughts?

Chris