On Saturday 09 May 2009 13:54:50 Chris Fryer wrote:
> In the meantime, one
> change that cleared things up a bit for me (and is in the slowly
> evolving newcontrolrulers branch) was:
>
> void
> Panned::slotSetPannedRect(QRectF pr)
> {
> // centerOn(pr.center());
> setSceneRect(pr);
> m_pannedRect = pr;
> }
>

> As I say, I think the panning connections need a review but making the
> Panned object follow the requested rectangle properly seems an obvious
> first change.

Thanks for your suggestion Chris, but to change how the Panner controls the
Panned will have no effect on the "looseness" problem as the rulers position
is directly computed from the Panned position and not from the Panner one.

Currently I'm wondering about some rounding error when converting from the
matrix scene coordinates (float) to the rulers coordinates (int). It may
explain the alignment error which is positive when moving in a direction and
negative when moving in the other direction.

Nevertheless it's an assumption only and maybe I 'm totally wrong.

Yves