Firstly, I recognise that neither the project I'm embarking on (nor I
suspect Jani's project) are critical to release.

I can see that there is a bunch of hook-up work still required on the
control rulers: cut & paste, Controller N (there must be plenty of
others?)

I'd like to get these out of the way first but am a bit stuck so was
looking at the transition work.

On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 08:06 +0300, Jani Frilander wrote:
> I'm not working on control ruler, instead I'm writin an independent
> dialog.
> We both are after same kind of functionality, maybe we should
> implement
> something like src/command/edit/PitchBendSequenceCommand.

I think the main area of overlap will be, as you suggest, in the storage
of the events in the segment. I want to be able to identify a transition
when reading a document (and then segment) so that it is modifiable.
Just producing a stream of regular control events would be very clumsy.

- A way of identifying events in a segment as having extra properties
(transition properties)
- A way of identifying events as being children of another event's
transition
- This will allow transitions to be identified and then modified when
opening a document rather than just permanently becoming a stream of
closely spaced events

Is this consistent with your plans?
Chris