2009/11/16 D. Michael McIntyre <michael.mcint...@rosegardenmusic.com>

> I'm currently going through an exhaustive and methodical feature review in
> the
> notation editor (as anyone reading the bugs list will have noticed--I kind
> of
> wish there were a way to reduce the noise level from all these minor
> edits).
>
> One class of behavior I'm not really able to test that thoroughly is all
> the
> handy dandy clicky shortcuts the notation editor used to have.  Some or all
> of
> these have menu entries, but they don't have associated shortcut reminder
> texts to help with discovery (this is something I would break the string
> freeze over) and I probably don't remember all of them.

In this release, if there is no menu item for an action, that is considered
as a bug. At least one of the shortcuts of a action should be found in the
menus.  The menu is our minimal documentation on the available actions.

For new developers it would be nice to have a wiki page containing all kind
of "Consistency checks" we would like to have, at least, before a release.
We have discussed about several checks:
 - to check that all user-visible strings are translatable
 - to check that all necessary files are in the source tree
 - to check that data is only once in the source tree (database
normalization)
 - to check that all actions have a corresponding menu item
 - ...
Or, is it just one more page which nobody has time to update?

--

Heikki