>  Notation can be done with Lilypond,

Uh ... no, it can't.  Oh, you might be able to enter notes and get sheet
music out of it, but I have never heard of anyone who begins with a
finished composition.  When you want to place notes on a staff, you
typically want to hear what it sounds like after you do that.  And for
that, Rosegarden is excellent.  I can lay out my piece on the staffs, and
then export to LilyPond and get a beautifully finished piece.  I have found
Rosegarden to be quirky WRT the way it builds the file that gets sent to
LilyPond, but I never want to actually compose in LilyPond.

Just my 2c.

--Tom