On 05/17/2012 02:26 AM, David Tisdell wrote:

> I hear you but as a music teacher and music software evangelist, it is
> huge when I can push an app that runs on multiple platforms to an
> education audience. I do all of my most important audio work in Linux

There's always the option of using one of the many audio-oriented live
CD/USB, like AV Linux:

http://www.bandshed.net/AVLinux.html

Then you are evangelizing open source as a whole. That's what I use when
I want to introduce someone to linux audio software.

That said, live CDs are not without problems, mainly related to hardware
support: wifi interfaces, last generation video adapters or high-end
audio interfaces may not work out of the box. But overall they are a
good option.

HTH,

Luis