I've encountered (what I'd classify as) a major bug, which I suspect is
in rosegarden rather than another component (such as ALSA) that RG
uses.  Has anyone else come across this problem (I don't think I've
seen it reported)? -

When I record (hit the red button in RG) and start playing my external
MIDI keyboard/controller (coming into RG via my sound card),
rosegarden, via its MIDI through facility, sends the events from my
keypresses to my external synthesizer, which produces the expected
notes in response to the keypresses.  However, after playing for
somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes a glitch occurs such that, often,
when I play sustained chords[1], I hear the attack but the sound
immediately ceases and then continues again a fraction (I'd say 1/4 to
1/2 a second) of a second later - sort of an echo effect.  It sounds
like (although I haven't verified this is what happens) a note on is
sent to the synth for each key pressed, then a note off for each key
immediately after that, then a note on again, until I release the keys,
and a note off is sent - again for each key.

In case it's not clear, the MIDI controller sends MIDI in to the
soundcard, which sends MIDI in to rosegarden, which sends MIDI out to
the soundcard, which sends MIDI out to my synth:

controller  -> soundcard -> RG
synth       <- soundcard <- RG

I'm running, according to "svn info", revision 13165, which I compiled
on Dec 16.  I'm pretty sure I've come across this bug before (in the
last year or so), but I'm not clear on how long or what revisions I was
using. (I don't think it was present, say, two or more years ago.)

I've noticed in the last couple days (having found some time to play
with RG) that the problem is pretty reproducible - at least so far,
3 or 4 times in a row playing for several minutes, it has occurred each
time.  I tried it once just playing without recording (with RG routing
through to the synth) for about 10 minutes and the problem didn't
occur; so it appears to only occur when actually recording - though I
think I'd need to try this a couple more times for it to be conclusive
enough.  Also, thinking that the problem might have been caused by my
system being too heavily loaded with running processes (using CPU and
memory), I rebooted and tried it with a relatively light load (for a
12GB machine, Core i7) and the problem still occurred.

If anyone is able to look at this, let me know if you need more info on
my system, setup, debugging output, etc.

And if anyone is looking at this, you might be interested in this
output that occurred a couple times when the problem occurred (though
not the last time, which leads me to think that maybe it's not
connected to the problem after all):

WARNING: SegmentNotationHelper::makeNoteViable(): No valid split for
event of duration 1822 at 26880 (split duration 1920), ignoring remainder
WARNING: This is probably a bug; fix required

This type of message showed up in the output 7 times when I encountered
the problem yesterday.

[1] I believe the effect sometimes happens with a solo sustained
keypress, but it's more prevalent when 2 or more notes are played at
the same time.  And, though I'm not sure, it seems to happen more often
with notes that are struck hard (high velocity).

Thanks.
Jim