Holger said:

> to keep audio files in my project directory I always change their
> path in Composition->Edit Document Properties->Audio.
>
> But Rosegarden has some problems with recorded and deleted audio files.
> Some of them are forgotten, and after a hand full of retries (record
> audio, ctrl-z, redord again) Rosegarden crashes. Additionally, I cannot
> play a loop and record multiple versions of an audio file.

I have similar problems from time to time.  It dates back to versions of
Rosegarden at least six years old.

I do wish there was a way to permanently delete (including the recorded
files) bad takes.  Most of my bad takes are simply forgetting to turn
something on before recording.  I do my mixing in Audacity (mostly) or
Ardour and pull in the files from Rosegarden.  The excess bad take files
just confuse issues.

Still Rosegarden is by far the best package for composition and initial
recording.

Best wishes,

Rich

r...@hydrophones.com