I have a collection of about 50 rosegarden projects made under Suse using the
last few releases over the last year or two. All of them make very heavy use of
ZynAddSubFX sounds pulled directly from that application as a synth in its own
right as well as ZASF the Zyn dssi plugin.

What this means is that I might have a track that is typically assigned to ZASF
plugin #176-Guitar. And now is the time when the maestro signals: let it all
hit the fan :-)

While tinkering with an upgraded Zyn (2.4.4 i think) package in the
Mageia-5alpha2 distro I ran into the problem of a new, much improved AND MUCH
BIGGER bank-set. According to the zyn devs. the appropriate way to handle these
has historically been alphabetical or else trouble looms ahead when the
bank-set is changed  ..and this is exactly what has happened *as far as I can
determine* with my at best barely average skills.

The short of the long is that in my rosegarden projects ZASF plugin #176-Guitar
is now #176-Pan-Flute. I do love pan flutes but this is not going to work. For
the time being I can just continue using Suse but the Zyn package is sure to be
upgraded there as well and very soon at that! Having to re-edit my rosegarden
projects would be bad enough but what if yet another bank-set increase comes
along, now that Zyn popularity is going ballistic ANYTHING is possible.

For now I can just migrate the old /usr/share/zynaddsubfx/banks folder to any
more recent system but in th enear future could I hope for an edit from
numerical to alpha sorting please?

Thanks