On Mon, 8 Sep 2014, Pierre Bruynooghe wrote:

> When I try to compile the last version of rosegarden, the operation failed
> during the ./configure with a message explaining that jack is no found.
> Jack is installed on my Gentoo distrib, et I have the /usr/bin/jackd.
> Moreover, all dependencies are installed on my machine. What option I must
> use for the ./configure ? Regards.

You need not only jack but also the *-dev packages. On my Xubuntu 12.04
the package is called libjack-jackd2-dev.

The latest and greatest version is in SVN

I fetch and compile it on my 64 bit system like this:

svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/rosegarden/code/trunk/rosegarden
cd rosegarden
sh ./bootstrap.sh
./configure --with-qtlibdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
make -j4 # if you have 4 cores, or simply "make"
sudo make install