Hi list,

I'm currently using rosegarden to arrange music for my band, and find it
very convenient.
At the moment, I load soundfonts into qsynth and then do the required
patchwork with qjackctl.

But I've been wondering if it's possible to load the fluidsynth-dssi (or
any other multichannel plugin) into rosegarden, and then letting
multiple tracks using the same single instance of that synth.

The reason I'm wondering this is acceptable quality GM soundfonts are usually
expensive on
RAM and while one can load them into qsynth, that makes for an extra
step when opening sessions. Also it would be nice to have all the synth
parameters saved within the rosegarden's save file.

Thanks in advance to all of you people.

Fede