On 12/16/2014 05:12 PM, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> It doesn't bother me that they're shipping a debug version as such, as
> it makes it easier for them to provide useful crash reports.

   Yeah, that's a good point.  I hadn't really considered it.

   Maybe we need two levels of debug.  One for users to maximize their
ability to help.  And one for developers to maximize their pain.
(Basically, your DEBUG_QT_WARNINGS.)  Nah, sounds complicated.  All that
autotools stuff blows my mind as it is.

> If they're
> going to do something weird and non-standard like that, though, it would
> be good of them to adopt a weird and non-standard patch to main.cpp to
> go along with this.

   I guess.  Or we could just remove the setenv() call.  It's easy for
us to just add it to our .bashrc or IDE config and continue to get the
checking.  I certainly didn't foresee something as convoluted as libpng
warnings crashing rg when I added that.  I think this has caused enough
grief to warrant removal at this point.  The camel's back appears to be
broken.

Ted.