On 03/18/2016 05:58 AM, Bric wrote:
> On 03/17/2016 12:27 PM, Abrolag wrote:
>> It *is* effectively supported :)
>> Just break it down into individual controller values.
> Yup. I just saw that - Julie S. has a post from 2008 about using
> controller the way Abrolag suggest...  Except I don't see where I can
> define "modulation controllers"

   It's a two-step process.  First, add the controller to the device.
Go to Studio > Manage MIDI Devices, select the device, press the
Controllers... button.  Here you should be able to add the NRPN
controllers you want.  E.g. add 99 and 98 for NRPN MSB and LSB, then 6
and 38.

   Once that's in place, you will be able to add rulers to the various
views.  E.g. select a segment and press "M" to launch the matrix editor.
  Now go to View > Rulers > Add Control Ruler and pick a control ruler
to add.

   This, however, is incredibly cumbersome.  I can't imagine doing NRPN
like this.

   The other option would be to add them by hand with the event editor.
  Pick a segment and press "E" for the event editor.  Here you can
insert any sort of controller you want (even if it isn't defined for the
device).  This seems a lot easier than using rulers for this.  But
still, you'll need to insert four controller events to get one NRPN
event.  A bit less cumbersome, but still annoying.

   It would be nice if there were a more direct way to insert NRPN
events.  The rulers and the event editor should directly support NRPN.
Again, a feature request will get this into the queue.

Ted.