On 01/13/2017 02:46 PM, Marco Paravano wrote:
> but, after imported a midi file in the program which kind of source of
> timing of sequencer must I use? The list of options is the following:
> - (auto)
> - system timer
> - HR timer
> - PCM playback 0-0-0
> - PCM capture 0-0-1
>
> In (auto) the cursor doesn't move,

   This is the 4.8 kernel bug.  You'll need to upgrade your kernel to
the latest.  If you are using Debian/Ubuntu or derivatives, then a
normal upgrade should get everything going.  Otherwise if you can find
the latest 4.8 kernel your distro offers, that should solve the problem.

> in HR timer I get a great number of
> xruns in Jack.

   Rosegarden doesn't handle the HR timer well.  We've not had time to
track this down.

> In the other cases the cursor moves but I hear just a chord
> and then nothing (but the cursor moves).

   I seem to recall having trouble with these too.  At one point I
understood why, but that was a while ago.  I stick to the system timer.

   I would go with (auto) or system and get a newer kernel.

Ted.