On 01/10/2018 12:59 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:
Another way that's caught me (rather more often than I'd like to admit) is
shutting down the desktop, without first shutting down Rosegarden.

I tried that as well, and I cannot reproduce it. GNOME seems to send a proper "close window" message to rg before going down. Which window manager are you using? How are you shutting down the desktop? Something catastrophic like Alt+Ctrl+Backspace?

Wasn't there some discussion on adding some kind of time stamp to the lock
file, so that it will ignore one that was (say) over 24 hour old.

There was some discussion about something. I think it was storing and checking the host name and process id. Same host name and process id doesn't exist, ignore the lock file. It's not on my todo list, though. I close my apps before shutting down.

Ted.