[Note: originally sent to list 1 August 2018 but apparently blocked until now]

Trying to run it from command line after building it gives me a very
brief flash of splash screen, then this appears in the terminal:

[main] Thorn -  true
[main] System Locale: "en_US"
[main] Qt translations path:  "/usr/share/qt5/translations"
[main] Qt translations not loaded.
[main] RG Translation: trying to load :locale/ "en_US"
[main] RG Translations loaded successfully.
[main] Loaded application icon " "rg-rwb-rose3-16x16" "
[main] Loaded application icon " "rg-rwb-rose3-32x32" "
[main] Loaded application icon " "rg-rwb-rose3-48x48" "
[main] Loaded application icon " "rg-rwb-rose3-64x64" "
[main] Loaded application icon " "rg-rwb-rose3-128x128" "
[main] *** This is the first time running this Rosegarden version
[AlsaDriver] setCurrentTimer(): WARNING: using system timer with only 250 Hz resolution!
[AlsaDriver] setCurrentTimer(): WARNING: using system timer with only
250 Hz resolution!
[Composition] Composition::getTrackById( 0 ) - WARNING - track id not
found, this is probably a BUG
/home/david/rosegarden/rosegarden/src/base/Composition.cpp : 1655
[AlsaDriver] renameDevice(): WARNING: Cannot find device  1  in port map
free(): invalid pointer
Aborted

Build process reports no errors.

Running 64-bit on Debian's 4.8 non-lowlatency kernel so we can ignore
the 250Hz resolution warnings. Built using QT5.

Ideas? I know I'm not running a "standard, stable distribution," but if Rosegarden ends up not working under that, how good a chance will it have when Testing becomes the new Stable?

I haven't got Ubuntu 18 installed anywhere to test. Does RG work on Ubuntu 18?

Thanks.

--
David W. Jones
gn...@hawaii.rr.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.