I have been using Rosegarden for about a decade now and have been able to
figure it out using search engines. Lately I ran into an issue that I don't
remember having before: I noticed that, when in the Matrix Editor, the
option "View / Rulers / Add Control Ruler / Volume Controller" doesn't do
anything; yet when in the "Notation Editor" this works fine.

It seems that any other controller except Velocity and Pitch bend only work
in the Notation Editor. Is there an underlying logical reason for this to
behave this way -- or is this a bug?

Other questions:
- I also wonder whether it is already possible to "remember" the zoom
options for any given segment as I always find myself tweaking these, the
default zoom doesn't work for me here. Or am I overlooking something
obvious in the settings? (Ideally, it would be great if all "view" options
could be memorised, so when opening the same segment later, all zoom
options, and controller rulers could be restored.)

- I wonder how the Figuration functionality actually works (I perhaps
incorrectly understand this can be used for arpeggios). I discovered an
explanation on https://rosegardenmusic.com/wiki/doc:expand_figuration; but
following those instructions do not result in anything. I tried different
interpretations of those instructions, and it either does nothing at all,
or I just get a new segment without any contents. Any clarification would
be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Best regards,
Hugo