On 10/02/21 14:08, krsg...@trixtar.org wrote:
On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 11:02:07 +0100
Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsut...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 10/02/21 01:54, krsg...@trixtar.org wrote:

Using linear layout the notation editor
allows me to capture screens and to then
reassemble a VERY wide image to scroll in
an animated training/jamming video:

   https://tinyurl.com/y2saqhb6

This requires a lot of work to get the
bars at even length, otherwise the timing
gets screwed up except at the front and
rear.

If I understand correctly what you're after (all bars with the same
horizontal length), I don't think that's possible in Rosegarden.

Musescore definitely has a 'minimum bar length' setting, so maybe it's
better for that kind of job?

that's exactly what I mean. The example was
easy on account of a very repetitive typical
jam-track makeup but I'd actually want to
do the same with real songs and running several
staves in step.

but I'm (a little) used to rosegarden and as
I'll be 77 in a week I ain't prepared for yet
another learning-curve

I get it. Maybe you could do all of the note input/editing in Rosegarden, export just the final song to MusicXML and then just do the video with that measure length using MuseScore. Up to now MusicXML exported from Rosegarden and imported into musescore has worked pretty well for me (mostly simple lead-sheets or bass parts, your mileage may vary).

Lorenzo.