On 27/03/2021 17:02, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
[...]
- Layers in the notation editor.  If you use layers, give this a thorough testing.  This is what drove these changes originally.

It seems that now segments on the same track when opened together in the notation editor are 'enforced' to being layered though? So, for instance, you can't write a pseudo piano part? Or am I missing something?

I also sometimes stack segments on tracks for writing voices etc. independently and then (possibly) merging them.

OK so it seems to be this way (multiple segments in a track stacked as layers in the notation editor) also in 20.12 release, so... now I'm wondering has it always been like this? I'm pretty sure I've had segments on the same track stacked... or maybe not :-)?

Lorenzo