I opened [feature-requests:#494] to track this.  Please vote for it.

https://sourceforge.net/p/rosegarden/feature-requests/494/

Ted.

On 8/27/21 3:04 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:
I have an idea that might help with several issues.

Many other programs have the concept of a project folder/directory that you
are invited to create when you start afresh. Rosegarden doesn't.
How about having this, but instead of a popup window, which is most annoying,
have a button somewhere prominent labelled 'New Project'.

Once defined by the user, Rosegarden would create it and immediately save the
current default project file inside it carrying the same name. Any MIDI or
Audio files would then be referenced directly there, rather than the current
system (possibly with any sources copied in as well).

For compatibility, loading any existing project file could either regard the
existing location of that file as the project directory for all related
audio/Rosegarden files or offer to create a new directory carrying that
name and moving the file (and any related audio ones) it into it, so turning it
into a complete project.

This is actually what I do manually every time I start. A typical one is:

/data/Source/0-Albums/Quietly Fading/
        conv-Mystery_Guitar_-20121128-205631-4.wav
        conv-Mystery_Guitar_-20121128-205631-4.wav.pk
        Mystery.bld
        Mystery_Guitar.wav
        Mystery.rg
        Mystery.xmz

So that's the two audio conversion files,
My manually created info file,
The originating audio file,
Rosgarden's file,
Yoshimi's file,