On Sat, 3 Sep 2022 13:12:21 -0400
Ted Felix <t...@tedfelix.com> wrote:

>On 9/2/22 5:43 AM, Will Godfrey wrote:
>>      pidof rosegarden
>> followed by
>>      kill nnnn
>> seems to give a clean shutdown, even of a running instance. So all I need to
>> do
>> now is write a small program to combine those into a single command - might
>> be
>> able to do that in python.
>
>   There's already a command, pkill:
>
>   pkill rosegarden
>
>   As for the lock file, that should be ignored since the process ID
>should be different on each invocation.  Unless you are launching rg at
>startup.  That might indeed confuse it.
>
>Ted.
This is the problem. I'm not sure about other hardware/distros, but on the
Raspberry Pi you get exactly the same sequence of PIDs :(

When Rosegarden starts up it always creates a directory in /tmp so how about
putting the tag there? On a fresh start it will always be cleared no matter how
Rosegarden was stopped. e.g.
Project is:
/home/me/myprojects/rosegarden/awesomesong

Tag is:
/tmp/rosegarden/home/me/myprojects/rosegarden/awesomesong/lock

Notice, as it's already somewhat hidden it no longer needs to be a dot file or
have any special characters.

--
Will J Godfrey {apparently now an 'elderly'}
https://willgodfrey.bandcamp.com/