On 04/06/2024 22:04, Ted Felix wrote:
  I have a feeling those messages in the output are not related to the issue.  I tried adding some key changes to a new document, and it worked fine.

   How often does the problem happen?

I think I found a possible culprit / criteria to trigger this:

- Create an empty segment in track 1
- Now *duplicate* that segment dragging it to track 2
- OR create another segment on another track

- All these segments are at measure 1

After this trying to add a key change on those segments seems to fail.

moving them around seems to 'unlock' this but randomly, as sometimes it doesn't.

TIn all cases where adding a key change fails the relevant message on the terminal seems to be:

Internal error in NotationTypes, Pitch::transpose()

Hope this helps
Lorenzo

Ted.