From: Christopher J. Feahr, OD [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2002 5:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Requirements Gathering

Hi Rachel,
I would be glad to begin working on a draft list of specific terms and
definitions for this project.  Can we start with Ron's proposed interchange
sender/receiver definitions?

 >>INTERCHANGE(ISA) SENDER: Entity responsible for preparing the
transaction sets (ST/SE) into functional groups (GS/GE) and interchange
controls (ISA/IEA) for transmission to the INTERCHANGE RECEIVER and for
resolving a functional acknowledgment (997) that contains errors
regarding the interchange. >>
 >>INTERCHANGE RECEIVER: Entity responsible for processing the function
group and transaction sets (GS/GE, ST/SE) within an interchange control
(ISA/IEA) and sending a functional acknowledgment (997) back to the ISA
SENDER.<<

-Chris

At 07:42 PM 2/8/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Over the last several weeks there's been excellent discussion and
>"brainstorming" taking place on this list. Now it's time to get more
>focused, specifically on requirements determination.
>
>It seems that I've volunteered to lead the EDI Addressing & Identifiers
>subgroup responsible for policy and requirements. Accordingly, I'd like to
>begin the process of collecting requirements. However, I think that a good
>approach to requirements gathering would be to begin the process of
>describing the many different scenarios that will need to be addressed for
>each of these two key activities: EDI Addressing and Identifiers.
>
>Towards that end I'd like to request submissions of various scenarios that
>will need to be supported. Can we begin by using this format:
>
>For each scenario:
>    --specify whether it is an EDI Addressing or Identifier scenario
>    --identify the players (e.g., provider, clearinghouse, payer, TPA, PPO,
>etc.) involved
>    --describe the scenario, e.g., which party initiates the activity, what
>are the various parties, their roles, the sequencing of their involvement
>    --describe the outcome of a successful scenario
>
>After a reasonable period of time I'll try to put each of the scenarios
>submitted into a formalized template/document so that the more detailed
>effort of requirements determination can begin.
>
>Please start the subject of each message as follows so that I can group and
>management each message:
>
>Scenario: EDI Addressing
>or
>Scenario: Identifiers
>
>Thanks,
>
>Rachel
>
>Rachel Foerster
>Principal
>Rachel Foerster & Associates, Ltd.
>Professionals in EDI & Electronic Commerce
>39432 North Avenue
>Beach Park, IL 60099
>Phone: 847-872-8070
>Fax: 847-872-6860