> She may support the  inbound 271 and outbound 270 and 837, but prefers paper
remittances and checks.

<shameless promotion>

Now why on earth would someone prefer mailed remittances and EOBs when they
could create their own using the Provider Payment Partner (tm) System?
http://www.providerpaymentpartner.com

</shameless promotion>

<self-serving,  but does not quite rise to the level of shameless promotion>

> Now even though she doesn't take 835 EOBs, the provider may very well want to
be paid electronically through her
> bank:

If you are a Medicare Part A provider, you have your choice of getting paid by
EFT with Electronic Remittance Advice or getting paid by EFT with Electronic
Remittance Advice. (Or, I guess, not getting paid at all, but that does not
sound terribly inviting).

Last time I checked (maybe two months ago?), Medicare Part "B" providers could
still get paper remittance advice, but I'll betcha that is temporary at best.

</self-serving,  but does not quite rise to the level of shameless promotion>

Michael Mattias
Tal Systems, Inc.
Racine WI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Creator of The Provider Payment Partner System