From: "Rachel Foerster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'WEDi/SNIP ID & Routing'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, 24 June, 2002 12:19 PM
Subject: RE: HIMSS News Health Care Goes Digital Doctors and hospitals
find they can't stay offline any longer

William,

You're missing the point here....HIMSS membership represents the
community of provider information technology professionals (including
membership of the College of Healthcare Information Management
Executives, the decision makers), and as such represents a major
constituency of this work group.

My purpose in posting these messages was not to just keep this group
abreast of HIMSS or the efforts towards a NHII. Currently, this group
has precious little active input and/or participation from the provider
sector. And since one could assume that the provider sector
will/could/is intended to be a major beneficiary of the results of this
work group's efforts, I would hope that a proactive outreach to them
could ensue since it does appear that there are areas of need that
converge.

I am not at all advocating that this work group expand its scope into
other aspects of the NHII. However, interoperability and connectivity
are central to both a NHII and HIPAA. What I am advocating is an effort
to reach out to HIMSS and its membership for greater participation and
input into this group's efforts rather than ignore or downplay such an
influential group.

Rachel
Rachel Foerster
Principal
Rachel Foerster & Associates, Ltd.
Professionals in EDI & Electronic Commerce
39432 North Avenue
Beach Park, IL 60099
Phone: 847-872-8070
Fax: 847-872-6860