I start my server and then I do netstat -an and I can't find the port wich I started my server.

I tryied to do telnet but I recibed a connection refused message.

But if I try this: java org.apache.xmlrpc.WebServer 4001
then I can see port 4001 listening in netstat -an . And if then I try java org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient http://localhost echo test 123, then I recibe the correct message ( [test , 123] ).

From: James Russo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Impossible use this library
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 08:29:50 -0500

Couple of things you can check..

Check netstat (from command console, run netstat -an, look for LISTEN lines with port of server) and ensure that the server is actually listening on the port you think it is. Double check all the hostnames, and port numbers you are using in your client/server. Can you 'telnet' to the server port with a simple telnet client and get an accepted connection or does that too result in connection refused?

-james

I don't have SP2. I tryied in a differents systems, ones with firewall and others without it. In all systems I have the same missage.