James Russo wrote:

I agree. The port is subject to change, but the IP should remain the same. (or at least in my application it will) I think this information could be as useful as the userid/password. Other information which could be useful could be the client certificate information if the connection is SSL and a client certificate was presented. This could allow the rpc method to do authentication/authorization based on that data too.

If that's sufficient for you, simply create a socket to the HTTP server: This will use the same IP address. SSL is a little bit more tricky, but possible in the same manner. (If the client certificate obtained in this way is *not* the same, then you're stick with the same problem that holds for the port numbers.)

Jochen

--
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050423/1/5/1/+1