[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Saturday 30 June 2007 12:02, Jeff Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> OK/ fsync before close, todo++. Thanks for the info, xfs is a mystery
>> to me.
>
> If you want to know any specific things about XFS then ask me.
> I'm currently working for SGI in a group that is associated
> with the XFS group.  I regularly talk to the XFS experts and
> can get any specific questions answered.

This is ridiculous.

Nobody should need to know anything about the internal
details of a specific filesystem's implementation when
they're writing a userspace application. If the filesystem
has chosen to do silly optimizations which doesn't work
right when using published apis and methods, it's the
filesystem that is broken and not even remotely the
application's fault.