In regard to: RPM 5 distribution tarball size?, Ralf S. Engelschall said...:

I don't think we should do this. We really can shrink this. The
Berkeley-DB documentation is available online (in case one needs
it during code hacking) and even if we keep the actually used
db/docs/api_c/ stuff (which is just 1.3MB in size) we still can get rid
of about 21MB useless data.

I haven't looked at the distribution terms for Berkeley DB, since I
don't distribute it.  If you can legally remove the docs and still
distribute the remaining parts internal to RPM, I think getting rid
of the docs in the distributed tarball would be good.  You should
carefully review their distribution terms, though.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)