On Mon, Apr 13, 2009, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> [...]
> But here's the failure mode after "make clean", duplicated
> symbols because libpcreposix.a becuase libpcre.a has been
> bundled in because of s/lib_/noinst_/ in pcre/Makefile.am.

Ah, ok, better. This _IS_ the problem I'm not investigating.
The Lua issue confused me, as I was sure I've correctly
fixed the linking of Lua. Ok, now to this issue.

To me looks not that libpcre.a is bundled into libpcreposix.a.
Instead it looks that libpcreposix is bundled into liblua.a!!

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       r...@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com