On Nov 29, 2010, at 10:18 AM, devzero2000 wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Jeff Johnson <n3...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> On Nov 29, 2010, at 8:44 AM, Pinto Elia wrote:
>
> >  RPM Package Manager, CVS Repository
> >  http://rpm5.org/cvs/
> >
> > ____________________________________________________________________________
> >
> >  Server: rpm5.org                         Name:   Pinto Elia
> >  Root:   /v/rpm/cvs                       Email:  devzero2...@rpm5.org
> >  Module: popt                             Date:   29-Nov-2010 14:44:29
> >  Branch: HEAD                             Handle: 2010112913442800
> >
> >  Modified files:
> >    popt                    lookup3.c popt.c popthelp.c system.h test2.c
> >

> FYI: The tdict test is also failing everywhere.
>
> In popt-HEAD
>
> make check
> Running test test2 - 43.
> Running test test2 - 44.
> Running test test2 - 45.
> Running test test2 - 46.
> Running test test2 - 47.
> Running test test2 - 48.
> Running test test2 - 49.
> Running test test2 - 50.
> Running test test2 - 51.
> Running test test2 - 52
> Running test tdict - 1.
> Running test tdict - 2.
> Running test tdict - 3.
>
> on FC-12.
>
> If there are other places where fail let me know..

Just FYI: I'll dig out the flaw (if any) down the road. Its as
likely to be in a stateful checkout of mine as anything else.
I have seen several times.

> The problem that i know is that on OpenIndiana (OpenSolaris 9) test2 dump
> core: i have open a ticket on launchpad.

OpenIndiana has a different linkage tool chain (and there are known relocation
errors that
I've seen). The OpenIndiana rpm buildbot using --with-popt=internal
is one reproducer. I've used --with-popt=external instead for now.

Meanwhile (I just checked) a standalone POPT build passes "make check"
and test2 does not segfault:

j...@indiana:/X/src/popt$ ./test2
dbusername (null)       dbpassword (null)
txhost (null)   txsslport 443   txstoreid 0     pathofkeyfile (null)
username (null) password (null) firstname (null)        lastname (null)
addr1 (null)    addr2 (null)    city (null)     state (null)    postal (null)
country (null)  email (null)    dayphone (null) fax (null)

Please note that test2/test3 aren't critically important (or even supportable
maintainable imho) in POPT. The tests were added in a patch for a wildly
different
usage case than what POPT is typically used for: parsing CLI options.