On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 6:51 AM, Matthew Dawkins <matty...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Jeff Johnson <n3...@mac.com> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 8, 2011, at 10:32 PM, Matthew Dawkins wrote:
>>
>> > Ok this is my first attempt at building a chroot with
>> rpm-5.3.8-0.20110125.3.
>> >
>> > #Error after the basesystem + smart installed
>> > rpmdb: unrecognized name-value pair: set_create_dir
>> > error: db4 error(22) from dbenv->open: Invalid argument
>> > rpmdb: unrecognized name-value pair: set_create_dir
>> > error: db4 error(22) from dbenv->open: Invalid argument
>> > rpmdb: unrecognized name-value pair: set_create_dir
>> > error: db4 error(22) from dbenv->open: Invalid argument
>> > rpmdb: unrecognized name-value pair: set_create_dir
>> > error: db4 error(22) from dbenv->open: Invalid argument
>> > rpmdb: unrecognized name-value pair: set_create_dir
>> > error: db4 error(22) from dbenv->open: Invalid argument
>> > rpmdb: unrecognized name-value pair: set_create_dir
>> > error: db4 error(22) from dbenv->open: Invalid argument
>> > .
>>
>> You are not using db-5.1.19. There's some annoying syntax changes in
>> DB_CONFIG.
>>
>> For starters, just comment out the lines in /var/lib/rpm/DB_CONFIG. The
>> log files
>> won't be in a log/log.* subdirectory, nothing else matters.
>>
>> Have you run the dbconvert.sh script?
>>
>> hth
>>
>> 73 de Jeff
>

> I was missing the db51-utils pkgs, so it would fail trying to run
> dbconvert.sh
>
> Should that be added as a requires to the spec file???
>
> Other than the first query to the DB seems to take awhile, but then
> everything is all good.
>
> Going to re-try bootstrapping chroots.
>
> Matt

So what I have seen is that if you are trying to bootstrap coming from <
rpm-5.3.x system, db51-utils needs to be present for  dbconvert.sh to work.
If not, no problems what so ever were encountered.

IMHO, I think adding that requires, for the simple sake of covering people
during the possible upgrade, covers the cost of the 98Kb in size of the pkg.