On Feb 22, 2011, at 12:27 PM, Per Øyvind Karlsen wrote:

> I personally try avoid use of these macros myself, but there's
> always someone who will compulsively use them, and for those
> the notion of the paths of those being broken are rather hard to contend.. ;)

Hint: grep for usage across Mandriva SVN *.spec and rip out (in macros/mandriva,
I'll wire up an immediate %undefine/%unglobal like %{load:...} so you can just
get
rid of the unused goop) any of the %__uglix absolute macros you
want going forward.

Note that I have plans to use some of the "default" absolute path macros in
templating soonishly, to hit VCS stores, and to integrate
Mancoosi WP3 DSL, so don't attack the goop in macros/macros.in
quite yet ... I'll be making progress toward the templating
soonishly, likely with Mancoosi WP3 DSL integration first.

And if you need %undefine sooner than I get there -- wareham.rpm5.org
just booted with a 2011.0 alpha1 i586 install -- well have at. See
how %{load:...} is wired up for immediate execution while initializing
macro configuration, %undefine/%unglobal would be wired up the same way.