I'm getting a message:

warning: package rpm-5.4.0-r13.ppc603e is intended for a ppc603e-pc-linux-gnu
platform

In my /etc/rpm/platform file I have:

qemuppc-poky-linux-gnu
ppc603e-poky-linux-gnu
powerpc-poky-linux-gnu
noarch-poky-linux-gnu
any-poky-linux-gnu
all-poky-linux-gnu

the package was generated using --target ppc603e-poky-linux-gnu, but the
platform that got embedded into package is: ppc603e-pc-linux-gnu

I'm looking at the rpmPlatformScore function and I don't really understand how
it's supposed to work.  But I would have expected that ppc603e-pc-linux-gnu to
be compatible with ppc603e-poky-linux-gnu in my platform file.

Any suggestions as to what might be going wrong and how to correct it?  (and
yes, if I put ppc603e-pc-linux-gnu into the platform file, the warning goes
away!)

Note: it says it's a warning but it's actually an error during install -- it
silently prevents you from performing the install.

--Mark