On Mar 24, 2011, at 8:08 PM, Per Øyvind Karlsen wrote:

>> Basically the embedding is one-to-one with augtool(8) so
>> you can probably wing it with "man augtool"
> I've just commited support, will submit a new rpm build with it
> enabled shortly..

Cool!

Now we need a *ahem* Guinea pig from maintainers@ to try-and-see
the embedding that's a bona fide application for RPM+Augeas.

Likely easiest search is going to be to do
        rpm -qa --scripts
and look for some package that is attempting to modify
a config file using the usual sed/awk/grep/... snarl in a
scriptlet that _ALSO_ happens to have an Augeas lens,
and then prioritize from there.

Thanks! I'll look at toy scripts for automated testing
for the augtool embedded in RPM by Monday if Elia
doesn't beat me to it.

Elia: I haven't forgotten replace-directory-with-symlink demonstration,
just swamped atm ...