On May 10, 2011, at 10:12 PM, Per Øyvind Karlsen wrote:

> 2011/5/11 Jeff Johnson <n3...@mac.com>:
>> This isn't your code. Leave it be.
> Huh?
> You don't want me to commit this change at all, or you just don't want
> me to commit it on HEAD..?

I WANT TO HEAR UP FRONT WHAT YOU ARE ATTEMPTING BEFORE YOU DO IT.

I DO NOT WANT TO BE BLIND SIDED BY RANDOME CHECK-INS
WITHOUT ANY CLUE WHATSOEVER WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

LAST WEEK IT WAS REMOVING COMMAS IN ENUMS. THIS WEEK ITS CASTS. WTF?????

I HAVE SAID THIS BEFORE.

> In  the past you've told me to *always* commit to HEAD first..

YOU SOMEHOW SEE HEAD AS AN AVENUE TO THE PRODUCTION BRANCH.

>> WTF does C++ typecasting have to do with anything?
>
> I am playing around with porting URPM to C++..

I am NOT playing around.

> You've expressed interest in being able to compile rpm with g++
> in the past, so I thought it'd be to your interest..

In fact -- if you read -- I tried and threw out the
type casting attempting to get to C++ almost everywhere
because it needs planning and thought.

Its not just adding typecasts. I have already tried
and decided not to without asking.

You have not asked and decided to do whatever you wish.

The consensus was NOT to switch to C++.

I was in fact out-voted, I'd rather have started immediatley.

I stopped switching from C -> C++ until planning and an incremental approach
could be attempted.

And this was _BEFORE_ "RPM ACID", which is where you are adding typecasts.
If anything the code you have just added types casts to should _NEVER_
be seen by C++.

>> Do we go through a repeat of last week? Again?
> I don't get the problem...

See above.