On May 22, 2011, at 3:50 PM, Robert Xu wrote:

> On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 15:44, pinto.e...@gmail.com
> <pinto.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In general this is a difficult question to answer, for my knowledge. There
>> is not clear semantic for the weak deps, in other package management system
>> the interpretation is into the deps solver that decide what to do ( aptitude
>> vs apt vs dselect iirc  ) . Suse have some patch for rpm.org about this
>> issue last time i have cheched for rpm 4.8.
>
> There's always heated discussion about this.

The heat isn't from the discussion, but rather the insane vanity of
        Signed-off By: Britney Sphears

>> Anyway i think a better question could be : is it zypper rpm5 compatible ? I
>> don't know the answer now, never tried. But i am pretty sure that @rpm5.org
>> could be have interest to answer. Best Regards.
>
> I emailed bero from arklinux (knowing that he is working on getting
> libzypp/libsatsolver/zypper to work with rpm5) and I'm waiting for a
> response. But from what I hear, he's been terribly busy these days.

Yes, and zypper is used in ark (largely because apt-rpm wasn't
maintained nor getting the job done).

The Poky/Yacto distribution has also used zypper+rpm5, largely based
on some of bero's work with a few other fiddle ups.