On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:30, Jeff Johnson <n3...@mac.com> wrote:

> In general, its gonna be easier to exchange info if you
> build @rpm5.org code from cvs, not from tarballs and patches.

I do :D

> We do monthly releases, tick,tock, next release of rpm-5.3.whatever is on
> June 1st, and likely rpm-5.4.1 will also be attempted this month.
>
> So the starting point (rpm-5_4 is "development", rpm-5_3 is "production",
> rpm-5_2 and rpm-5_1 are "legacy" branches) is
>        cvs -d ':pserver:anonym...@rpm5.org:/v/rpm/cvs' get -r rpm-5_4 rpm

Since rpm-5_4 is coming up anyway, I'll probably stick to that branch
then. I've been checking out from MASTER AFAIK. So I'll finish up the
patches then switch to that branch.

> See rpm/INSTALL.developer to get oriented on what to do next.
>
> Your workflow SHOULD be something similar to
>        cd rpm
>        ./devtool checkout
>        ./devtool opensuse
>        ... install build pre-requsites and/or adjust the %opensuse build
> options ...
>        make
>        cd tests
>        make clean check

hm... yea, I've just been patching right now. ^_^"

> Post any patches and or questions here and I can likely help instantly because
> I will have sufficient context from cvs to answer precisely.
>
> I can also easily send along "rpm -qa" from my opensuse VM if
> you need help finding build prerequsites (I forget when I set it up, last
> October
> iirc).

the current spec file shouldn't be that different from the rpm5 one I will make.

On your openSUSE Buildbot, I'm guessing you run

>        install prerequisites
>        cd rpm
>        ./devtool checkout
>        ./devtool opensuse
>        make
>        cd tests
>        make clean check

through, right? Once I'm ready, I can share what I have of the spec
file. It would be easy then to probably run rpmbuild -bi through to
make sure it works...

--
later, Robert Xu