On Jun 9, 2011, at 11:24 AM, Sriram Narayanan wrote:

> The Solaris world doesn't have these ACL_TYPE definitions at
> /usr/include/sys/acl.h or elsewhere.

Hmmm ... will look.

> I presume that rpmacl is needed for ensuring that the user account has
> the right level of access, etc.
>
> Any guidance on how to resolve this ?

I'd just rip out rpmio/rpmacl.c by patching in

#if 0
#else
   return 0;
#endif

or whatever works. There's nothing on critically important code
paths that RPM needs/uses.

The rpmio/rpmacl.c was dragged in by *BSD find(1) iirc (and I looked
a bit at extending RPM to handle ACL's but I have no wish to trailblaze
into ACL management through *.rpm packaging. ACL's == configuration and
need to be done outside of packaging.)