On Jun 28, 2011, at 1:35 PM, Per Øyvind Karlsen wrote:

> You probably want to enable automatic log removal, ie. look at
> Db_open() in URPM:
> http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/soft/rpm/perl-URPM/trunk/URPM.xs?revision=272986&view=markup
>
> For where it's actually gets enabled, look closer at line 3270.

There's no reason to implement in code what can be done
by simply editing a DB_CONFIG file.

Implementing in code creates mysterious undocumented side-effects
and endless perceptions and expectations that start like
        RPM sux because …
that can _NEVER_ be fulfilled.

> This will make berkeley db remove all the log files that's not needed
> so that you'll
> only keep the last file under /var/log/rpm/log.

So will
        set_flags              db_log_autoremove   on
and if you cannot bigger how to add DB_CONFIG to /var/lib/rpm where
needed, well, try
        man 1 cp
and stare at how simple and obvious a file copy command actually is.

We most definitely disagree on what rpm SHOULD attempt here.