On 6/30/11 11:37 AM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> On Jun 30, 2011, at 12:29 PM, Mark Hatle wrote:
>
>> I'm working on multilib/multiarch support in the oe-core stuff.  And I've
>> hit an
>> issue.  I'm trying to query for a package of a specific arch.
>>
>> rpm -q zlib
>>
>> returns:
>>
>> zlib-1.2.5-r0.x86_64
>>
>> if I do:
>>
>> rpm -q zlib-1.2.5 or zlib-1.2.5-r0 or zlib-1.2.5-r0.x86_64
>>
>> I get the same result..
>>
>> however, I thought I could do:
>>
>> rpm -q zlib.x86_64
>>

> That's a bug (and likely related to Distepoch: turn on
> but might be "RPM ACID" related, dunno)
>
> Meanwhile there's lots of ways to achieve that same query:
>
>       rpm -q zlib | grep x86_64
>       rpm -q '^zlib.*x86_64$'
>       rpm -qa zlib 'arch=x86_64'

Thanks, it looks like I can use the -qa one easily enough.

>> and it would also work, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Is there any
>> way
>> to do rpm -q zlib.x86_64 -- or do I need to do rpm -q zlib, and through is
>> some
>> grep commands on the output?
>>

> DO what works.
>
> FYI: The
>       rpm -q N.A
> form of query is likely doomed in RPM. It was an expedient hack
> when multilib was first deployed: I was given 4 hours to
> devise, implement, test, and deliver a solution with mad manglers
> watching my every key stroke.
>
>> (The current case only has one instance of zlib, but eventually there could
>> be 2
>> or 3 instances.)
>>

> Lemme see if I can fix this evening … tomorrow is 7/1 monthly release time.
> No promises.

Thanks!

BTW what I'm doing in the code is simply trying to find a package out of my list
of available packages to build the beginning of a manifest.. I may simply be
doing this a poor way right now, but I'm trying to hack in support to get a
proof of concept for multiarch RPM..

--Mark