This fix is merely a band-aid (afaict).

The right fix is to add trailing '/' to dirnames always and
achieve a representation for file paths that does not
represent DIRNAMES with '/' in RPMTAG_DIRNAMES and
(redundantly) DIRNAMES without '/' in RPMTAG_BASENAMES.

What stops the implementation is lack of time to slog through
the endless "legacy compatibility" discussions that will surely
be needed.

Till then I choose to trat this issue as a packaging, not an RPM implementation,
issue.

There's the coupled issue that its already pretty subtle and poorly
understood using triggers against RPMTAG_DIRNAMES when
a trailing '/' is present.

AFAIK, there are NO distros (including Mandriva) that rely on
directory triggers. Nor are there any plans on "official" ROADMAPS
that wish to switch from using The Good Old Stuff.

Show me an "official" credible distro ROADMAP attempting to use
DIRNAME triggers and you will have my immediate attention.

Till then *shrug*, maintain as you wish.

73 de Jeff