2013/8/27 Jeffrey Johnson <n3...@me.com>

> On Aug 26, 2013, at 4:21 PM, Per Øyvind Karlsen wrote:
>
> > I'm almost done with the first round of pushing (mainly ~pure) bug
> fix(/more trivial) patches for now..
> >

> This has _NOTHING to do with file colors (because its a script).
> Only elf executables have colors.

Well, terminology was probably adopted by what used in rpmfc.c, quoting a
few lines below change and included in patch:
"Set color based on interpreter name"

> Meanwhile I have no desire to chase the myriad "recommended"
> ways of having a script re-execute itself with an interpreter on
> an arbitrary path.
>
> Its not just
>         #!/usr/bin/env /usr/bin/interpreter
> that need to be dealt with generally: see what perl does.
>
> One can _ALWAYS_ patch the code to invoke an interpreter on
> a known path, adding dependencies manually as needed to
> ensure that the interpreter exists on that path, for any distro
> serious about quality rpm packaging.

I'm not sure whether I'm following you or not, do you mean to imply that
any distro with /usr/bin/env in shell bang isn't serious about quality rpm
packaging?
/usr/bin/env in shellbang is quite widespread in use, and if one wanna do
automatic dependency generation with correct detection of script types, one
kinda have to take it into consideration..

If you have any details on providing any better solutions, I'm all ears.

--
Regards,
Per Øyvind