On Wednesday 26 November 2008, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> rpm's configure script cannot find nss/nspr even though these are
> installed. As it turns out, configure.ac does not use nss/nspr's
> pkg-config files

Unless I'm mistaken, upstream nss and nspr do not ship pkgconfig files,
they're distro additions and thus depending on them could be fragile.  (I
wonder if distro packagers haven't bothered to submit the *.pc they add
upstream or if upstream has rejected them.)

> nor the nspr-config utility nor offers a way to
> pinpoint to the location.

These on the other hand sound like something that should be fixed (and I see
you already sent a patch).