Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
On 04/03/2009 02:10 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
On 04/02/2009 01:27 PM, Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Thursday, April 02 2009, Tom spot Callaway said:
When we updated the Fedora SPARC buildsystems to rpm 4.6.0, sparcv9v
packages were no longer installable. The attached patch resolves the
issue. Unfortunately, the sanest way to correctly determine the cpu
type
on SPARCs is to parse /proc/cpuinfo.
Hmm, any particular reason why uname(2) can't be used?

uname doesn't return the sub architecture. It just says "sparc64".
Well, sounds pretty much like a bug in uname (rsp. it's underlaying infrastructure) to me.

Ralf